As I sit here languishing from insomnia and laryngitis, one would think that I'd be in no mood to write a journal entry, right? Riiiiiiiight?
If that's the case, then you're only thinking half-right! Because while I look forward to telling you (either the plural 'you' or the lone but much-loved cricket who actually reads my year-end journal entries) about how my year went outside of the paltry few pictures I've uploaded... Let's be real, my brain's a bit more scrambled than usual because of the tag-team of aforementioned afflictions, so if you're expecting a review that has any semblance of coherence or chronological consistency, then boy oh boy are you in for a mighty grand disappointment!
To save us all some time, I'll rely on the handy-dandy point form to illustrate my adventures of 2015!
During this year, I:
- Witnessed raise a second litter of healthy, energetic Cairn terrier puppies!
- Spent a little over two weeks introducing to a Canadian winter!
- Attended my older sister's wedding!
- Had a reunion with several of my cousins (three of 'em have grown up into intelligent, creative and hilarious individuals who I'm so proud of!), and met the newest addition to my Dad's niece's family, and met my brother-in-law's relatives from his wonderfully polite grandfather to four rambunctious nieces and nephews!
- Graduated from university!
- Made an online portfolio with the help of
- Did several paid commissions at the local farmer's market and for the Museum of Antiquities!
- Volunteered at the Museum of Antiquities and Folkfest!
- Dressed up in a frightfully pink and frilly fairy costume and painted faces at a Medieval Fair!
- Got employed!
- Wrote a heck of a resume!
- Skyped regularly with as she travels the world!
- Revisited my love-hate relationship with watercolour painting!
- Embarked on what I hope is a lasting friendship with gouache paints!
- Dressed up as Sango and Miroku with (with a guest appearance from Shippo the kitsune Cairn) for Halloween!
- Read Fullmetal Alchemist and Fruits Basket!
- Became reacquainted with crushing concern for the welfare of the Digidestined after watching Digimon Tri!
- Became hopelessly enthralled with Steven Universe and The Force Awakens!
- ... And abused the use of the exclamation mark for the last few minutes. xD
Yep, that's about all I can think of off the top of my head... I know it mustn't look like much when it's all written down, but man, was it ever one hell of a year! May the year to come be just as eventful, or even more!
Happy New Year's Eve to you. ^^